Dermal Fillers Aftercare Tips
Soft tissue fillers, often known as dermal fillers, are injectable synthetic or natural substances that can smooth out wrinkles, provide volume to sunken areas of the skin, and cover depressed scars.
There are many different types of dermal fillers that differ in their uses, effectiveness, and safety. Types of Dermal Fillers are –
- Hyaluronic acid fillers – HA is a natural complex sugar found in the skin, cartilage, and body fluids, among many other types of tissues.
- Poly-L-lactic acid – is used to alleviate lower facial wrinkles, such as marionette lines and smile lines. Off-label, it may also be used to treat cellulite, elbows, and knees.
- A mineral compound called calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) is found in bones and teeth, and it can stimulate skin collagen production, allowing for long-lasting results. CaHA reduces facial wrinkles, adds volume to the chin and cheeks, and defines the jawline.
- In recent years, collagen – a natural compound – has fallen out of favor because of better synthetic compounds like HA. It is derived from animal sources, so it may cause inflammatory and allergic reactions at a higher rate than other fillers.
6 Aftercare Tips for Dermal Fillers:-
- Avoid strenuous activity for at least 24 hours
- Don’t put pressure on the affected area for 1 to 3 days
- Skip alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid any other cosmetic procedures on the affected area for 24 hours
- Don’t expose the affected area to the sun for at least 48 hours
- Ask your doctor if you should follow any additional guidelines
What to do after having Dermal Fillers injections
Keep in mind that the benefits of your Dermal Fillers therapy will not be visible right away. It may take several days for the advantages to appear. You should be able to feel the full effects of the operation within 2 or 3 weeks.
However, there are some aftercare guidelines you may follow to ensure that the injections are as successful as possible.
1. Don’t strain yourself
Allow time for your new injections to take effect. Exercise and other strenuous activities can cause the Dermal Fillers to spread to unanticipated locations, reducing the benefits you’ll receive in the intended region.
Note: Before engaging in mild activities such as running or easy yoga, wait 4 hours. Give it a full 24 hours before returning to your regular workout programme.
2. Keep the pressure off
After your treatment, leave the affected area alone as much as possible for 1 to 3 days. Massages, as well as tight clothes or hats, should be avoided because they may cause the injections to become dislodged. If you can, avoid sleeping in the affected areas if at all possible.
3. Ease up on the booze
You’ll be requested to refrain from drinking alcohol prior to your treatment, and you’ll also need to wait 24 hours after Dermal Fillers before drinking again. Alcohol has an anti-inflammatory impact, which causes your blood to thin and cause bruising in the affected areas. Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, which are available over-the-counter, are no exception.
4. Give your skin a break
Dermal Filler injections can be dislodged with skin treatments that target the same regions as the injections before they set into your muscles. For at least 24 hours, avoid facials, exfoliating scrubs, dermal fillers, and other comparable procedures. Don’t worry, it’ll just make folks notice and enjoy your Dermal Fillers more.
5. Stay out of the sun
The sun boosts your blood pressure and causes your skin to flush. This can result in bruising around the injection site.
Note: After your operation, stay out of the sun for at least 48 hours. The same can be said about tanning beds, saunas, hot tubs, and baths that are too hot.
6. Listen to your doctor
Finally, see your doctor to see if there are any other guidelines you should follow. Ask your clinician whether any medications you’re taking for unrelated ailments might have an impact on your Dermal Fillers aftercare. Even if the medications have no effect on the locations where you’ve received injections, do this. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Dermal Fillers is a popular medical and cosmetic treatment thanks to its fast and effective results. Be sure to give it time to work and follow any of your doctor’s instructions. With the right aftercare, you could enjoy all of its benefits with no injuries.